Friday 25 October 2013

Ads on Instagram

To think we have all escaped to one of the only social media tools without advertisements, well unfortunately this is wrong. Ever since Instagram has been bought out and brought into Facebook it's no wonder everyone has been anticipating when ads are going to be included in instagram's photo stream.
Within the next few months Intsagram has let out we will begin to see advertisements from a "limited number of advertising firms" on odd occasions. Personally, I am not impressed. As a daily user of instagram a would prefer not have to sift through a group of advertisements just to look at some of my friends photos. They claim the videos and photos will be high quality and interesting. If I really wanted something that interesting to look at I would go find it myself. Now an app that I do enjoy to use as a platform to connect with friends through photos may not be as enjoyable anymore. Although I do understand why they have chosen to do this I am not happy. Being a user of Facebook and twitter already those two sites alone have enough advertisements that already get in the way of me connecting with friends, family and other aspects of my life.So in reality is this bold move going to increase revenue or send instagram to the dumps? I guess in the next few months only time will tell.

Want to learn more? click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment